GUIDING FOOD & DRINK START-UPS TO SUCCESS
I advise and mentor entrepreneurs, food and drink startups and early stage businesses to realise their ideas and achieve their ambitions.
Using my expertise I assist them with the development of their concept, strategy, commercial planning, long-term goals, routes to market, investor introductions and retailer relationships.
I also refine product concepts, deliver new product development solutions and shape the creation of commercial recipes, the development of brand and packaging design and provide manufacturing solutions.
As a result, I ensure they are readied for success.
FOOD & DRINK INDUSTRY EXPERTISE
I manage the journey from ideation through concept shaping, product development and brand and packaging creation through to manufacturing and launch.
Defining all costs, sourcing ingredients, determining shelf-life, defining the optimal brand and structural packaging solution and identifying the manufacturing resource, warehousing and logistics solutions.
And I provide ad-hoc mentoring and advice or longer periods of consultancy on a contract basis, tailored to match food and drink startup needs, or end to end project delivery.
KEY CONSIDERATIONS FOR FOOD & DRINK START-UPS
Typically, these are the key considerations for early stage businesses and food and drink startups that I can help with:
- Innovation workshops
- Trends and food and drink sector opportunities
- Market research and category insights
- Target audience identification and segmentation
- Consumer journey mapping
- Competitor analysis and bench marking
- Brand strategy – USP’s, positioning and differentiation
- Product idea and protecting intellectual property
- Product idea development
- Business planning, funding and investment
- New product development
- Initial recipe ideas
- Commercial recipe development and costs
- Sensory optimisation
- Nutritional analysis
- Structural packaging
- Manufacturing solutions and product trials
- Microbiological analysis
- Shelf life determination
- Consumer testing
- Legal compliance including Trading Standards
- Brand naming and brand identity
- Food packaging design
- Routes to market
- Achieving listing and sales – retailer pitch material and support
- Igniting your marketing activity – bespoke launch events, social media, PR.
If you’d like to have an initial chat to explore how I might be able to help you, let’s take some time out for a chat about your idea via a phone call or conference call.
We can then decide whether a meeting will be useful and after our get together I’ll prepare a detailed proposal, tailored to your specific needs.
Every project is different, as are time frames and the required investment, but I’m always prepared to consider how I can work to a definitive budget when required.
Take a look at Food Brand Strategist for some insights into how I help clients launch new food and drink products.
And take a look at BoomBod as an example of my work.
Call: +44 (0) 207 205 2998 or email today for an initial chat.